the Kean University History Society (KUHS) On Facebook - Follow us and
- Join our mailing list, send your email to KUHIST@Kean.edu
- Be sure to check out the Kean University Library's Archive & Special Collections. Great NJ history material!
- The Spring 2016 Registration newsletter coming soon!
- Dr. Elizabeth Hyde has been named Kean University Faculty/Student Mentor of the year for 2015.
- Congratulations to department secretary Mary Woubneh for winning the Kean University Presidential Excellence Award for Distinguished Service for 2015.
- Welcome to our new Asia Studies Visiting Scholar, Rui Zhang
and to Dr. Stephen Harrison our new history Lecturer at the Wenzhou-Kean,
Site updated October 6, 2015
- Watch the College of Humanities & Social Sciences promotional video featuring Department of History faculty.
- Check out our twice Emmy Award nominated television series celebrating the 350th Anniversary of the state of New Jersey! It Happened Here: New Jersey sponsored by the Department of History and New Jersey Historical Commission.
The Department of History is one of Kean University's oldest and most productive programs of study and has been a part of the instructional component of the institution since its inception in 1855.
The Mission of the Department of History, in support of the Missions of Kean University, the Division of Academic Affairs, and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS), develops emerging scholars capable of thinking critically, communicating across cultures, researching, analyzing, writing and reasoning within the perspective of historical literacy and done within a global context: skills in high demand to employers in a wide range of disciplines.
The main office of the Department of History is in Townsend Hall room 117. Other faculty, the office of Asia Studies, and the World History Center are located in Townsend Hall room 107.
Department of History
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083 USA
Phone number: 1-908-737-0250/0251
Fax number: 1-908-737-0265
Department Chair: Dr. Jonathan Mercantini (rm T117-A)
Assistant Chair: Dr. Elizabeth Hyde (rm T117-C)
Also see this informative pamphlet From Soldier to Student
Also check out The Veteran's Writing Project
NOTE: Revised and updated BA History and BA History/Teacher Certification guide sheets are available on the BA Guide Sheet and BA Teacher Certification Forms pages: See the links above.