the Kean University History Society (KUHS) On Facebook Follow us and
Join our mailing list, send your email to KUHIST@Kean.edu
- The department will be jointly hosting the 'NJ350 Forum' on the Garden State's Anniversary: This Friday & Saturday, November 21 & 22 on campus. Many great speakers! See the attached catalog of events.
- Spring 2015 schedule is now available on Kean Wise.
- Latest Advising Special edition of our newsletter. October, 2014.
- Welcome to our new Asia Studies Visiting Scholar, Rui Zhang.
Site updated November 16, 2014
- Check out the new video/Television series celebrating the 350th Anniversary of the state of New Jersey!
It Happened Here: New Jersey sponsored by the Department of History and New Jersey Historical Commission.
- Watch the College of Humanities & Social Sciences promotional video featuring Department of History faculty.
The Department of History is one of Kean University's oldest and most productive programs of study and has been a part of the instructional component of the institution since its inception in 1855.
The Mission of the Department of History, in support of the Missions of Kean University, the Division of Academic Affairs, and the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHSS), develops emerging scholars capable of thinking critically, communicating across cultures, researching, analyzing, writing and reasoning within the perspective of historical literacy and done within a global context.
The main office of the Department of History is in Townsend Hall room 117. Other faculty, the office of Asia Studies, and the World History Center are located in Townsend Hall room 107.
Department of History
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
1000 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083 USA
Phone number: 1-908-737-0250/0251
Fax number: 1-908-737-0265
Department Chair: Dr. Jonathan Mercantini (rm T117-A)
Assistant Chair: Dr. Elizabeth Hyde (rm T117-C)
Also see this informative pamphlet From Soldier to Student
Also check out The Veteran's Writing Project
NOTE: Revised and updated BA History and BA History/Teacher Certification guide sheets are available on the BA Guide Sheet and BA Teacher Certification Forms pages: See the links above.