Curriculum Guides

History Degree Requirements
- NOTE: The guide sheet you go by is the one in use at the moment you MATRICULATED into Kean University
 Fall 2019    
 2017 or Later* Pre-2017**
 BA History BA History BA History #48100 (as of 1/2010)
 BA History Honors History- Pre-Law        Graduation Map BA History
 BA History Pre-Law History Honors Special Ed
 BA History- KeanOcean #48100
 BA History/Teacher Certification K-12
 History Honors Teacher Certification  BA Honors History
 BA History/ Teacher Certification Honors
 History Teacher Certification BA Hist Teach Cert Special Ed #48198 K-12
 BA History/ Teacher Certification TSD
 History Teacher Certification Special Ed  BA Education with History as Content Area: P-3, K-5, 5-8, (as of 1/2010)
 BA History/ Teacher Certification TSD Honors
 Second Major History Honors Middle School Graduation Map BA History/ Teacher Certification
 Elementary Education P-3, K-6 Content with TSD Elementary 
 History Content Area P-3, K-6BA History/Teacher Certification #48199 (as of 1/2010)
 Grade 5-8 Middle School Minor in History BA Asian Studies (part 1)
   BA Asian Studies (part 2)
   BA History 2002 (as of 2002)
   BA History w/PT track (Physical Therapy)
   Note: The following form is in two parts, download both.

BA History/ Teacher Certification 2006/7 #48199 pge 1 (as of 2006)

BA History/Teacher Certification 2006/7 #48199 page 2 (as of 2006)

    **ALL STUDENTS WHO ENTERED KEAN PRIOR TO 2017 MUST USE THE FOLLOWING: (However, in consultation with your advisor students may adopt the most updated curriculum above).

    These guide sheets are the template you must use in order to take all the courses required for your degree.  Consult with a faculty member when registering for classes and always bring a copy of your guide sheet with you for advisement and registration.

    Also, history/education majors MUST contact their education department advisor as well.

    Guide sheets for Early Childhood, Elementary, and Middle School including those with dual certification (Bilingual and Special Ed) with history specialization are not in the History Dept but in ESME  located in Hutchinson 3rd floor.

    Art History Minor Requirements

    It is the responsibility of each student to follow the guide sheets, take the appropriate classes, and seek advising.

    Do not wait until you think you are ready to graduate before getting this information in order.  Poor attention to the guide sheet can result in you not graduating when you hoped to.

    Main Kean catalog (see p.107 for history offerings):

    When in doubt, seek advising!